REQUEST A QUOTE
THREE-AXIS MOTION SIMULATORS
3 Axis Motion Simulator
Three-axis motion simulators provide accurate angular acceleration, rate, or positioning in 3 intersecting axes. Space Electronics offers high precision 3-axis motion simulators.
For combined environmental testing our advanced 3-axis motion simulators feature climatic or thermal vacuum chambers.
Our 3-axis motion simulators are typically used to test and calibrate inertial navigation units and guidance systems. These systems typically include a number of gyroscopes and accelerometers.
Space Electronics distributes Actidyn three-axis motion simulators in North America. Actidyn offers the best range of three-axis motion simulators available today.
TYPES OF THREE-AXIS MOTION SIMULATORS
We provide different types of three-axis motion simulators. The main characteristics of a 3-axis motion simulator are:
Our different series of motion simulators reflect this diversity.
The ST3352TC is a high accuracy three-axis motion simulator dedicated to small payloads.
The ST3300 series are open-frame three-axis motion simulators that allow testing of large payloads. These motion simulators can be mounted to the floor or attached in a horizontal position to a wall. The horizontal configuration allows over +/- 90 degrees of view in elevation. The payload is typically centered at the intersection of the three axes. These three-axis motion simulators are used for testing seeker heads or complex inertial navigation systems.
The ST3100 series are closed-frame three-axis motion simulators. The closed frame minimizes deflections, so these simulators are the most accurate. However, the closed frame also restricts the size of the payload that can be mounted inside the inner frame.
Each series of motion simulators comes in different versions. They can all accommodate temperature and vacuum chambers and a wide range of connections.
Our three-axis motion simulators use a unique design that provides key advantages:
• Electric Direct Drive - all of our motion simulators use electric direct drive technology. These have replaced the old belt-driven systems and the ancient hydraulic systems. There are numerous advantages to electric direct drive, including less maintenance, more accuracy, no leaks, etc. Electric motion simulators used to be more expensive than hydraulic ones but it is no longer the case.
• Brushless Technology allows for large servo bandwidth and high dynamic response. It also minimizes maintenance cost.
• Connection with payload - Electrical slip rings are available to connect stationary control hardware to the rotating test assembly.
• Safety - Our 3-axis motion simulators incorporate a number of safety features, both at hardware and software level.
• Controller - We only make digital control systems, using industrial grade programmable controllers or the Axidyn ND controller for best accuracy and real-time profile control.
• Remote Interfaces - Optional remote interfaces are available: Ethernet, IEEE 488, RS232, or high speed Scramnet.
We also provide the following accessories for operation with our motion simulators:
CUSTOM 3-AXIS MOTION SIMULATORS
Three-axis motion simulators often need to be customized to specific applications. Do not hesitate to contact us with your specifications if our standard three-axis motion simulators do not meet your needs.
Space Electronics LLC - 81 Fuller Way - Berlin, CT 06037 (USA) - Phone: +1 860 829 0001 - Fax: +1 860 829 0005 - Email: email@example.com
Our Mass Properties Measurement Products:
Center of Gravity Measurement Instruments
Moment of Inertia Measurement Instruments
Product of Inertia Measurement Instruments
Combined Mass Properties Measurement Instruments