REQUEST A QUOTE
IGNITER CIRCUIT TESTERS
Igniter Circuit Testers Product Sheet
Igniter Circuit Testers Specifications
Theory of Operation
Missiles and bombs:
From checking missile fuzes to testing airbag squib circuits, Space Electronics' 101-5HJ series of fail-safe circuit testers can measure resistances with great accuracy while dramatically reducing the risks of accidental detonations because of their built-in fail-safe modules.
Our igniter circuit testers are specialized fail-safe ohmmeters that measure the resistance of electro-explosive circuits, using a test current which is a 1000 times less than a conventional precision low resistance ohmmeter.
Our 101-5HJ-NAV tester is a direct replacement for the discontinued Alinco 101 tester. Our tester overcomes the defects that made the Alinco 101 unsafe.
• Fail-safe module limits test current. Since excessive test current could cause bodily injury or death,
protection for all modes of failure or operator error is built into the tester. A sealed, tamperproof, fail-safe module guarantees that the test current
will be less than 10 mA even under worst case conditions of simultaneous failure of
multiple circuit elements.
• Ease of operation - Direct reading. No need to balance bridge or subtract test lead resistance. The 4-wire test leads, which automatically compensate for lead resistance, are attached to the igniter circuit and the appropriate range button is depressed. The digital LCD readout then displays resistance.
• 0.001 ohm resolution. A milliammeter and three built-in precision resistors permit verification of test current and accuracy.
• Genuine Portability - These testers are housed in a small "military" type case with a carrying handle and space for storage of test leads.
Our igniter circuit testers have been approved by the US Navy for measurement of munitions and rocket motor igniters.
Measuring igniter circuits is necessary to make sure that the circuit will work when it is needed:
• For the military, it is critical to avoid duds (unexploded ordnance) which could be turned by the enemy into IED (improvised explosive devices).
• In an aircraft, the critical items that need to work when ignited are the fire extinguishers (in case of an engine fire) and the emergency slides.
• In an automobile, airbags and seat belt pretensioners need to work 100% of the time in case of an accident.
For all testers:
• Terminal Configuration: 4 wire (Kelvin)
• Power: Rechargeable internal battery
• Temperature Range: 0 - 50oC
• Size: 20 cm. wide X 18 cm. deep X 22 cm. high
• Weight: 1.5 Kg
• Case: "Military" type with handle and cable storage
|Option 2A||Ranges 20 ohm, 200 ohm, 2K ohm, 2M ohm|
|Option 2B||Ranges 20 ohm, 200 ohm, 200K ohm, 2M ohm|
|Option 3A||0.8mA failsafe current, 200 ohm lowest range|
|Option 4||AC Power Pack with isolation & zener barrier|
|SE9912||Explosion Proof version of Option 4 (was opt. 4EX)|
|SE90036||Key shorting switch w/10 ft. Cable (was opt. 8)|
|SE90036A||Extra test cable (specify Length - price per foot)|
|SE9838||Extra set of alligator clip leads (was opt. 9)|
|Option 13||Connector to mate with our tester|
|Option 19||Additional four-wire Kelvin probes|
|SE9511||Replacement battery charger|
|SE9511-EU||Replacement battery charger - European (220V)|
|SE9512||Replacement battery pack with over-current protection|
|SE9563A||Replacement failsafe module (factory repair only)|
|SE9667||Replacement DPM - Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)|
|SE9682A||Replacement Ammeter (10mA) to verify test current|
Space Electronics LLC - 81 Fuller Way - Berlin, CT 06037 (USA) - Phone: +1 860 829 0001 - Fax: +1 860 829 0005 - Email: email@example.com
Our Mass Properties Measurement Products:
Center of Gravity Measurement Instruments
Moment of Inertia Measurement Instruments
Product of Inertia Measurement Instruments
Combined Mass Properties Measurement Instruments